Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Casadorperfect forum , if you are new make sure to sign up and introduce yourself to everybody and make this forum your place =)

Lonko's team

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lonko1000

Lonko's team Empty
PostSubject: Lonko's team   Lonko's team EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:15 pm

Well i am playing pokemon pearl and this is my team.Just to mention im still newbie.

Infernape (focus sash)
Ev: 252s.ak/252spd/6hp
Nature:Quiet
Moves:Flamethrower,calm mind,close combat,Hp(bug) don't know how to get perfect IV's.

Yanmega (life orb)
EV:252s.atk/252spd/6hp
Nature:Modest
Moves:Air slash,protect,bug buzz,u-turn

Lapras (leftovers)
Ev:188hp/124def/196s.atk
Nature:Lax
Moves:Surf,ice beam,T-bolt,sheer cold/sing

Exploud (choice specs)
Ev:252s.atk/252spd/6hp
Nature:Modest
Moves:Surf,blizzard,hp(psychic),hyper voice

Torkoal (leftovers)
Ev:252hp/192def/64s.atk
Nature:Mild
Moves:Iron def,heat wave,toxic,protect

Togekiss (leftovers)
Ev:252hp/172s.atk/84s.def
Nature:Rash or Gentle(couldn't get modest or jolly,tried like 2 hours)
Moves:Air slash,roost,aurasphere,nasty plot

I didn't worked on any wall yet,but im working.Im learning about how to breed smeargle and give stealth rock to other pokes.I know this is not the place to say this,but i dont have wifi dont know how to connect :D.Ok tell me where did i make mistakes on building my team,and this is not the far end, i will make better teams.
Back to top Go down
lonko1000

Lonko's team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lonko's team   Lonko's team EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:36 pm

Uhhhh.... my bad,i have hypnosis instead of u-turn on my yanmega.
Back to top Go down
jaize_star

jaize_star

Lonko's team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lonko's team   Lonko's team EmptySun May 30, 2010 12:55 pm

Your team's not bad it's pretty original, I can try and help you out a little if you really want.. but just know before I say anything else i'm not trying to be like "your way is wrong, my way is right" or anything like that, it's just some ideas i thought when i saw it that i thought might be useful to you.

When i saw you Infernape, i assumed the way you use it is to use Focus Sash to keep it alive while you do a Calm Mind to boost your special attack, if this is true, you could replace Calm Mind with Nasty Plot which Chimchar learns from level up. Focus Blast is a Special fighting move but it can hurt you bad when it misses so idk about that, just saying it's another choice. The nature you have lowers speed, which kind of hurts but you said you don't play on wifi so i think you'll probably still be faster than most of the trainers in the game.

Just a few ideas, i hope you find one or two of hem helpful, if not i am sorry.
Back to top Go down
lonko1000

Lonko's team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lonko's team   Lonko's team EmptySun May 30, 2010 1:20 pm

jaize_star wrote:
Your team's not bad it's pretty original, I can try and help you out a little if you really want.. but just know before I say anything else i'm not trying to be like "your way is wrong, my way is right" or anything like that, it's just some ideas i thought when i saw it that i thought might be useful to you.

When i saw you Infernape, i assumed the way you use it is to use Focus Sash to keep it alive while you do a Calm Mind to boost your special attack, if this is true, you could replace Calm Mind with Nasty Plot which Chimchar learns from level up. Focus Blast is a Special fighting move but it can hurt you bad when it misses so idk about that, just saying it's another choice. The nature you have lowers speed, which kind of hurts but you said you don't play on wifi so i think you'll probably still be faster than most of the trainers in the game.

Just a few ideas, i hope you find one or two of hem helpful, if not i am sorry.

Dude thanks a lot for reply, u are so right and i got a new infernape now,because im gonna buy WLAN router in few days and im going online.If you have some more suggestions for me u have the right to tell me :D.And u sure know a lot more than me.If u can add me on msn i will be thankfull.
Back to top Go down
muero

muero

Lonko's team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lonko's team   Lonko's team EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:36 am

Okee dokee, so assuming this is now for wi-fi battles given the last post, I'll lay down some tips.

On the Infernape, again assuming that focus sash will save you from a hit that would normally kill you so you can set up calm mind, you're going to want to be able to get off an attack with your raised stats or else your efforts are wasted. So, I recommend replacing close combat with vacuum wave, a priority special fighting move (through breeding) since it is a special move, it will probably be as powerful as cc would have been, and since it goes first, you can use it after your calm mind without fear of going second (especially because of that quiet nature). I think it would also be a good idea to change the type of your hp. Bug will mainly be useful on grass (which flamethrower covers anyway) and psychic (which will get your butt handed to you since Infernape's part fighting). Ice or electric are good options, for dragons, ground, water, etc.

For the Yanmega, your set is great and probably fine for all scenarios. My preference is just to use hypnosis right away instead of protecting for the speed boost, so you can have another attack in its place. (That's just me though, I understand if you want to be safe with accuracy).

On the Lapras, get rid of sing since you've already got hypnosis. For the other moves, I think you should change this to a physical Lapras. It's attack stat is just as high as special attack, and since everything else is special attacking, you're screwed if you run into a Snorlax. The set curse, waterfall, return/body slam, and ice shard is awesome for Lapras; I would normally suggest dd instead of curse, but that's unavailable in Pearl i believe. Even if you are losing lots of speed from curse, you can use ice shard for quick hits.

Other then those things, it looks great! Let me know if you use any of this advice and how it works for you!
Back to top Go down
lonko1000

Lonko's team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lonko's team   Lonko's team EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:22 am

Yeah u are right Muero,btw that infernape was my starter and i was a big newb but i learned a lot u can see my 2nd team and rate it pls.Thanks for the tips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lonko's team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lonko's team   Lonko's team Empty

Back to top Go down

Lonko's team
Page 1 of 1