Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Casadorperfect forum , if you are new make sure to sign up and introduce yourself to everybody and make this forum your place =)

Chaos's Baton Pass Team

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chaos

Chaos

Location : A place where people are not asked where they live!

Chaos's Baton Pass Team Empty
PostSubject: Chaos's Baton Pass Team   Chaos's Baton Pass Team EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:35 pm

This is my Baton Pass team. Like it's name says, a Baton Pass team is based on passing on stats boosts via the move Baton Pass.
I'll present each pokemon in the order I pass on the stat boosts.
Ok enough talk, here it is:

1. Ninjask** Maskerade@Leftovers
248 hp, 184 df, 68 spe, 8 atk
Adamant | Speed Boost
-Protect
-Substitute
-X-Scissor
-Baton Pass

This is my lead, a classic Ninjask lead (without SD though). I do the usual stuff you do with a lead Ninjask, protect > sub > protect > sub, etc., then I pass:
---'Content'' of the current Baton being passed: +4 to +6 Speed---

2. Umbreon** Tenebras@Chople Berry
252 hp, 106 spdef, 142 def
Impish | Synchronize
-Taunt
-Mean Look
-Yawn
-Baton Pass

Umbreon gets a nice amount of speed thanks to Ninjask, so he's faster than a lot of pokemon he could be facing.
After sending him in, I generaly assess according to situation: If I feel the opponent is gonna switch, I Yawn; If I think he's gonna stay in, I Mean Look; you get the point.
Taunt is for taunt (lol) or other moves that could screw my chain up such as Perish Song, Destiny Bond, etc. and also fo status moves or if the guy's gonna try and set up on me.
The purpose of Umbreon is to pass Mean Look, hopefully trapping a physical oriented pokemon (you'll see why later) and if i'm lucky, a sleeping one. I pass:
---'Content'' of the current Baton being passed: +4 to +6 Speed; Trapped opponent / sleeping trapped opponent---

3. Jolteon** BoltStrike@Light Clay
252 hp, 146 spdef, 106 def
Timide | Volt Absorb
-Charm
-Light Screen
-Thunder Bolt
-Baton Pass

Like I said before, if the pokemon trapped by Umbreon is physical, it's perfect and that's ideally what I would need.
I charm to make the damage done minimal, then I Light screen if the opponent also packs special moves.
If the trapped pokemon is a special oriented pokemon, nor worries I just Light Screen.
The idea is to minimalize all damage coming to my chain by that specific trapped pokemon.
After either charming a few times or setting up a Light Screen, I pass:
---''Content'' of the current Baton being passed: +4 to +6 Speed; Attack stat of the trapped pokemon harshly lowered; Light Screen up---

4. Mr. Mime** Mrs. Mime@Leftovers
252 hp, 126 def, 126 spdef
Calm | Soundproof
-Calm Mind
-Barrier
-Thunder Bolt
-Baton Pass

Now that I have minimalized the damage that the opposing pokemon will do, Mrs. Mime can safely come in and maximize it's Special Atk, Special Def and Defense without worrying about the pokemon in front of her. Thunder Bolt is for at least one attacking move.
After boosting all these stats up, I pass:
---''Content'' of the current Baton being passed: +4 to +6 Speed;

5. Smeargle** ⤵️ Smeargle ⤴️@Lansat Berry
252 hp, 252 spe, 4 def
Jolly | Own tempo
-Ingrain
-Substitute
-Belly Drum
-Baton Pass

The final pokemon… Smeargle. I obviously need Ingrain, and the reason I didn't so far is thanks to the trapped pokemon which was used as a meer ''set up dummie''.
First, I sub to make my life a whole lot easier (not really, it's actually for combining it w/ Belly Drum in order to activate my berry…).
Then, I Ingrain. The guy will attack, but will normally not break the sub.
Now I Belly Drum to maximize the final stat: Attack. I also activate my Lansat Berry, which will soften the sweeping done by my last pokemon…
I pass, to the final pokemon on my chain… the killer, the finisher… The Dark Ace!:

6. Absol** ♠️Dark Ace♠️@Life Orb
252 atk, 200 spe, 56 spatk
Naughty | Super Luck
-Night Slash
-Flamethrower
-Psycho Cut
-Superpower

Here he is… the finisher of this Baton Pass team. With the current stats boosts, in other words: +4 to +6 in every stat and with the combo of Lansat Berry / Super Luck / high crit ratio of Night Slash and Psycho Cut, I can OHKO almost any pokemon.
Night Slash and Psycho Cut, the primary moves of Absol have a high critical ratio. That mixed with Super Luck and spiced up with Lansat Berry means that 1 on 2 times I use one of these two moves, I get a critical hit. Dark + Psychic also has a semi-flawless type coverage, so with these 2 moves it's almost a 100% I've won.
The only thing that could stop me are sturdy Steels or Rocks such as Skarmory, Steelix, Foretress, etc. and those can easily be killed with Flamethrower or Superpower.

So that's pretty much it guys, hope you liked the team ;)
The fact is, from the point I trapped a opponent and render it useless with Jolteon, it's pretty much game ^^
But seriously people, if any of you faced this team, I understand you would hate me for making and using such a team… I know I would LOL!

Last edited by Chaos on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/duskfire97
casadorperfect
Admin
casadorperfect

PostSubject: Re: Chaos's Baton Pass Team   Chaos's Baton Pass Team EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:06 pm

that a very nice strategy!

One tip:

If you start the battle and the foe taunt your Ninjask before you are even able to baton pass anything. it will be basically game over for you. because you entire team is merely to set up and that's all. once it fails its done for.

you could avoid some problems with taunters of course by using Absol but the chance of getting away from the taunter and setting up again is harsh...
Back to top Go down
https://casadorperfect.forumotion.net
Chaos

Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Chaos's Baton Pass Team   Chaos's Baton Pass Team EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Yeah I know, if the opponents Lead gets of a Taunt I'm screwed but like I said, I don't really use this team often so I guess a few flaws are tolerable =)
But thx for the complements xD
Back to top Go down
Chaos

Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Chaos's Baton Pass Team   Chaos's Baton Pass Team EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:16 pm

Oh I just noticed something, I forgot to put the items LOL my bad sorry guys ^^'
In brief:

1. Ninjask: Lefitovers
2. Umbreon: Chople Berry
3. Jolteon: Light Clay
4. Mr. Mime: Leftovers
5. Smeargle: Lansat Berry
6. Absol: Life Orb

Once again, sorry guys ^^'
Back to top Go down
muero

muero

PostSubject: Re: Chaos's Baton Pass Team   Chaos's Baton Pass Team EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:41 am

Haha, you are right, this is one bi*ch of a team, but also an effective one. It seems like you pretty much know what you want to be doing already, so the only tip i can give you would be to maybe give an attacking move to umbreon instead of taunt, this way your team isn't rendered some what "offensive-less" so to speak if somethig takes absol down. ( again, you don't really have any weaknesses, so sorry if this is crappy advice) :)

Thanks for posting this, i'll try to think of a counter to your team...

-muero
Back to top Go down
Hydronium

PostSubject: Re: Chaos's Baton Pass Team   Chaos's Baton Pass Team EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:29 pm

Muero, the Umbreon needs taunt to stop being phazed or taunted itself. Quite a nice team there, I can imagine it being quite difficult to take out. I would also watch out for switch ins with encore, locking Ninjask into substitute would really screw your team over as Umbreon is reliant on the speed being passed to it to be able to taunt other foes that could haze/taunt/leech seed it etc. I'd also watch out for a Mach punch critical hit on Absol, you'd have to be unlucky but I can see it happening. Then you'd lose all your offence.
Back to top Go down
muero

muero

PostSubject: Re: Chaos's Baton Pass Team   Chaos's Baton Pass Team EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 4:18 am

true, good point
Back to top Go down
Chaos

Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Chaos's Baton Pass Team   Chaos's Baton Pass Team EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:07 pm

Thanks guys, I appreciate the nice words =)
I have been thinking lately that maybe I could replace one of Absol's moves by… Baton Pass!
I know it would make this team even crazier but if ever Absol is somehow screwed over I can pass out to Jolteon to act like a secondary sweeper.
The key for this team to work well is indeed playing Ninjask correctly. If by any chance he does get encored or taunted, my team is pretty much finished, because like Hydronium correctly stated, Umbreon needs Ninjask's speed.
For the Mach Punches, I think Absol can handle at least one, and that's all he needs to fire of a Psycho Cut (which is super effective to most users of Mach Punch and also has 50% chance of being a crit so it basically is a 98% chance of a OHKO).
And Muero, I look forward to seeing your counter hehe…
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos's Baton Pass Team   Chaos's Baton Pass Team Empty

Back to top Go down

Chaos's Baton Pass Team
Page 1 of 1